Sunday 7 December 2008

I finished the two buildings and the truck, which took quite a bit longer than I thought it would. I am not sure I have the latest file of the street though, and as I'm texturing lamp-posts and such like, it'd be good to know I actually have the latest file.

 I'm gonna work on  the file I have for now, but it'd be greatly appreciated if anyone can email me the latest file. If it's too big for email, there are plenty of websites that let you temporarily host large files. A simple google search will give you plenty. 

So if you see this and have the file and can send it, please do.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

im not sure you'll need the latest scene file as everything we do is going to get imported into the final one unless you mean you dont think you have the right destroyed lamposts etc?!

Yaniv said...

I have a few lampposts, But I'm not sure if more were added. I'm not sure if the road was changed. I don't have the bins, etc..

Dan Grigsby said...

ive sent yaniv the file anyway, but there is no difference from our files only that ive updated the outliner...all the damaged lampposts are in there too..

Dan Grigsby said...

my scene doesn't have the bins...you have a copy of that don't you sarah?

Yaniv said...

Dan, the floor is flat - in the pervious attempt you've managed to achieve such illusion of depth with just a bump map?

Dan Grigsby said...

yeah, lol. I made no alterations to the road what-so-ever. I did however split the road into three sections using the split polygon tool, and then planar projected each face to get the right proportions with the texture, applying the bump afterwards..

Sarah said...

ive had to change the bin model to accomodate our spider friend but yes i have a copy of that, give me a while and i'll send it through to you although I dont think I have your email yaniv

Yaniv said...

it's yaniv_g1@yahoo.com

Thanks for the advice Dan, I haven't started working on the road quite yet, but I'll keep that in mind once I do

Sarah said...

sent

Sarah said...

just to let u know yaniv, i moved the bin back to the grid so err.....it wont import where it needs to go wen its imported in the scene. My mistake, i was trying to save u looking for it for aaages. I will take note of the X Y and Z coordinates though and type em in wen were getting the scene together...just thought i'd let you know